woensdag 29 juni 2011

"HONOR YOUR LIFE" by Jay Tavare


 I had the honor and the privilege to be part of the "Honor Your Life" program at the Mescalero Apache reservation. Teens from many of the neighboring areas joined the local kids to share of their experiences and make a conscious change to their lives. I will say it was a very emotional and powerful week, I was received with so much love everywhere I went. I am humbled.  
On the Mescalero Apache rez I met so many wonderful people some were old friends, some were family and some who had just entered this World. :)
 
There were so many stories both from adults and the kids that moved all of us to tears. Almost everyone there had a personal tragedy or they knew someone who had. But the program was a success and I am honored and proud to have been able to help. 




                                                                       Speech of Jay to the Apache children

 Jay said in big lines to the Apache Children:

It is in you, It is in your bloodline, it is in your DNA. You are an Apache and a Great Apache once told me "Nan't Lass" Stay Strong. That is the only way you are going to make it. Taking your own Life for being depressed or going on drugs. that fuzzes your mind, Makes you forget your problems, that is Easy too. But I can tell you right know, tough times don't lass, tough people do. An Apache is... STRONG!!!

The most powerful moment for me after I gave this speech was when a 21 year old Apache man came up to me the next day to say he has been struggling with " Meth " and when his drug dealer came around that night he told him to get lost as my words echoed on his mind... Stay Strong... just that made the long trip worth while. 
                                                               "With a new birth of the heart, you see a new world"
There were so many moments on the Apache Mescalero School that touched me beyond words, but none like when the kids decided to all sign my "Honor Your Life" T shirt instead of asking me for my autograph. :)
 
JP was one of the Apache facilitator on Honor Your Life program. He showed real skills with his comic timing and acting skills. This program allowed many to share of themselves and humor was the key to get the kids to open up. Proud of you JP :)))
After 18 hours of driving and dodging the fires in NM & AZ, we made it home. We had to detour several times and drove 1,400 miles but it was all worth it to meet and work with the Apache Kids. Here is my Apache family in NM. Love you guys.
If you wish to know more got to Jay's latest blog on Huffington Post is up. It's all about his trip to the Mescalero Apache Reservation and his work with Honor Your Life program. 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jay-tavare/honor-your-life_b_881012.html
 I would like to dedicate this song to Jay Tavare,
This is the link, THIS SONG IS FOR YOU JAY!!! AND DON'T LET SOMEONE ELSE TELL YOU DIFFERENT!!!! 

Close the door
Shut the world away
All the fight's gone from this wounded heart
Across the floor
Dreams and shadows play
Like wind blown refugees

Call the man
Who deals in love beyond repair
He can heal the world
Of hearts in need of care
Shine a light ahead
When the next step is unclear
Call the man
He's needed here

I close my eyes
I remember when
Your sweet love filled this empty room
The tears I cry
Won't bring it back again
Unless the lonely star should fall

Call the man
Who deals in love beyond repair
He can heal the world
Of hearts in need of care
Shine a light ahead
 
When the next step is unclearCall the man
He's needed here

Needed in the chaos and confusion
From the plains to city hall
Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall

Call the man
Who deals in once upon a time
Maybe he
Can mend this broken heart of mine
Shine a light ahead
Now the future isn't clear
Call the man
He's needed here
Call the man
He's needed here

He's needed here
He's needed here
Call the man

He's needed here
Right here right now

                                                  ------------------------------------------------------------------
Please know I am not Jay Tavare. I do this just to Support Him and to spread the word Thank you for taking the time to read this Blog. Blessings LA 

 
 

 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten